Thursday 3 June 2010

Cam23 - what I hope to get out of it

My previous experience of Web 2.0 is limited. I have read about it and attended the occasional talk - it's not something that interests me a great deal, but I feel I ought to be aware of how it will impact upon library work and what potential opportunities it opens up, particularly how it will utimately benefit library users. However, as I'm coming to the end of my career and will probably retire in a few years' time, I feel somewhat distanced from the whole exercise. For me it's an opportunity to raise my awareness of developments which are already, or likely to be, of importance to library work, but it's probably unlikely that such developments will radically affect my own work . As for social media, I have only limited experience of this - it may be interesting to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment